This synopsis is reference from this Gallup Article
In 2014, Gallup found that the wrong manager was appointed to positions more than 80% of the time. The cost of these hiring mistakes can sometimes be catastrophic for businesses. Gallup have also established that the levels of actively engaged employees ranges from as low as 7% to a high of about 30% in some countries. This is also a worrying statistic. The only way to combat these mistakes are to plan on their avoidance as follows:
Make sure that the managers that are appointed have the talents that are required. Not every great team member has the talents needed to be a great manager. Leading others, supervising people and getting the best from people is not something everyone understands and focusses enough on.
According to Gallup
great managers have the following talents:
- They motivate every single employee to take action and engage employees with a compelling mission and vision.
- They have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
- They create a culture of clear accountability.
- They build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
- They make decisions based on productivity, not politics.
The Engage & Grow program from Derek O’Dwyer addresses teams where the level of engagement is low. The results are astounding.