“10 Ways to Build Resilience”, – American Psychological Association 2010
(1) maintain good relationships with close family members, friends and others
(2) avoid seeing crises or stressful events as unbearable problems
(3) accept circumstances that cannot be changed
(4) develop realistic goals and move towards them
(5) take decisive actions in adverse situations
(6) look for opportunities of self-discovery after a struggle with loss
(7) develop self-confidence
(8) keep a long-term perspective and consider the stressful event in a broader context
(9) maintain a hopeful outlook, expecting good things and visualizing what is wished
(10) take care of one’s mind and body, exercising regularly, paying attention to one’s own needs and feelings and engaging in relaxing activities that one enjoys.
Hard to argue with any of these points but you do have to work on them. The same is true for your business. Could your business tick the boxes on all of these?
Contact Derek O’Dwyer for a FREE Business Evaluation – email @ email@example.com