“The staff that I have are no good”
Very often, I hear this for business owners. And I immediately say “Well, you get the staff that you deserve”. Business owners react in different ways to this comment. Some negative, some positive.
Either you hire bad staff or the good staff that you hire get bad from the moment they are hired. Either way the responsibility is yours.
The six keys to a winning team are as follows:
1. Strong Leadership – Please rate yourself and if its anything under 6 – you need to work on it now.
3. Rules of the Game – The common misconception is that people dislike rules – quite the contrary in fact, people like rules and work better where rules exist. same as playing a game.
4. An Action Plan – same as planning a journey, planning an event. Teams within a business need an outline of what they need to work on over a period of time.
5. Support Risk Taking – If the team work within the rules and toward the achievement of the Action plan, then decisions they make must be supported. If not, they will stop making decisions and dis-improve in terms of motivation and commitment.
6. 100% Inclusion & Involvement – Get the team involved, share the vision, lead them. Work together.
Call Derek on 087 222 0720 if you need to improve your team and your business profitability…